Yachting Australia Corporate Partner
Discover Sailing Centres
Discover Sailing Centres* are a Club or Centre which is accredited to deliver Yachting Australia Learn to Sail, or Powerboat Programs, through qualified Yachting Australia Instructors. They adhere to Yachting Australia standards that ensure safety and customer satisfaction in order to attain and retain this status. Only Clubs or Centres accredited to do so, can display and promote the Discover Sailing brand as they have the services, systems and standards in place to uphold the brand “Discover Sailing” (A Club that does not deliver the Yachting Australia Learn to Sail Programs, but has a Commercial Centre on site that does, can be a “Discover Sailing” Club).
- Fulfilment of community and customer expectations. Yachting Australia accreditation may help provide that and prove your Club/Centre meets best practice.
- Fulfilment of Duty of Care. Customers and government generally seek assurance of self-regulation and proper management processes, in addition to compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Recognition by Australian Marine Safety Authority, and State Marine Regulators. Yachting Australia Programs and Courses generally have that recognition under State Regulations.
- Recognition by other government departments. The Australian Sports Commission and State Departments, including Education, and other bodies such as Scouts/Guides, and the Defence Forces, all rely on assurances of the quality and standards of the Yachting Australia Programs.
- Access to qualified Instructors. A key role for Yachting Australia and its member States is the training, qualification and ongoing professional development of quality Instructors.
- Access to Nationally Recognised Programs, Courses, materials, and standards.. These Programs are consistent throughout Australia and structured around the sports processes and pathways to maximise the success of customers returning for further courses, joining the sport on an ongoing basis, and being retained.
- Minimised Risk and reduced exposure to liability. A Discover Sailing Centre operating within the Yachting Australia Operating Standards and Guidelines and using Yachting Australia qualified Instructors is likely to be a safer environment for both customers and the Instructors themselves.
- Unambiguous insurance cover. As a condition of being accredited, a Club/Centre accredited with Yachting Australia holds current appropriate insurance.
- National Promotion of upcoming courses to the public via the Discover Sailing Website, (www.discoversailing.org.au) and the State Associations website.
- National registration, recognition, and information technology system. myCentre has been developed in response to what Clubs/Centres said would help them run their Programs more efficiently and effectively.
- Support by State and Territory Associations in developing and managing Programs. Every State (and Territory) has someone whose role it is in that State to help Clubs/Centres improve their business, whether that be through the Annual Review process or issue specific discussions.
*These were previously known as Yachting Australia Training Centres (YATC).
|Application & Agreement|
|Operating Standards and Guidelines|
|Find a Centre|